What Am I Doing

Recollect and modify my body, mind and soul

April 12, 2008

Japan

I have received many requests for asking how is the life in Japan. Without much pictures, I doubt I could tell you much.

Here, people believe in manners and respect. No matter which shop you walk into, everyone bow and express their welcome; when you walk out, they bow and express their thank although you might just go in and out within seconds, buying nothing. However, I have witnessed a case that a pregnant women standing in train while no one willing to give away their seat.

The currency used here mostly coins. There are ranging from one yen to five hundred yen, which is about RM 15. It is quite troublesome to carry these coins in my pity wallet. It could be easy stuffed.

The most interesting part is the differences in the restaurants. For most of them, you walk in and queue up in front of a vending machine. Until your turn, just insert coins and select the food you want to have. Then, collect the changes and draw the ticket or receipt from the machine. Next, you pass the ticket to the waiter then they will serve it to you. The water is free. However, they serve only cold water even in these winter days. It`s not uncommon that the place provides no seat. You just take your food while standing.

Around these time, Japan is a dry, cold country although the winter is over. The temperature ranging from 9 degree Celsius to 18 degree Celsius in Tokyo area. Sun rises in the early morning and the dark comes about four afternoon everyday.

At my place, sakura session has past. It is quite unbelievable to observe the sakura trees in front of my stay changing its dress overnight. Now, the branches are dressed with new young leaves. Have to wait until next year for Ohanami. There is a common proverb in Japan, which describing the people who eat, sing, and chat during ohanami rather than enjoying the view of sakura blossom.

10 comments:

Thomas Wentworth Hardy said...

Hi, my name is Tom Hardy and I am a digital artist.Could I use the photos on your blog as the basis for artworks?Do you have any more?Check out my blog to see what I mean.Thanks...Tom Hardy

Joey said...

U sora r...call me Rikku la...eh, ur sister name wen ting r? in frenster add me long time i never approve until recently is saw her pic got little sora then..oli i know its ur sister then i add d haha....so many little sora in it...

Sora said...

Hi, Tom. I have visited your blog and scanned through your artworks. However, I am not sure of which pictures are you refering at. For your information, the header and sidebar pictures are taken from other sources through the internet while the pictures posted in my journal are taken by my own. Yes, you could have them as the basis if you want to. Thanks for informing me in advance. Enjoy!

Sora said...

Hi, Rikku. Little sora har. Well, hope you like it.

Thomas Wentworth Hardy said...

Hi, I'll only use your journal photos.I'm saving them now.Thanks for your permission...Tom Hardy

Thomas Wentworth Hardy said...

Hi I've finnished two artworks. Would you like me to e-mail them to you?What's your e-mail address.Thanks Tom Hardy

tc said...

yokoso!! Rikku?? Sora?? call me leng zai..

chee hang.. i wanna say.. i.. ENVY ENVY ENVY ENVY ENVY ENVY ENVY ENVY ENVY ENVY ENVY ENVY ENVY ENVY ENVY ENVY ENVY ENVY ENVY ENVY ENVY ENVY.. sob sob..

cant join u.. sob sob.. next time japanese pro dy come back teach me..

From: lengzai

Anonymous said...

Hey Hang.. i mean Sora xD seems like you had settled urself there. Glad to hear that you've get used to the environment there. Well everything is fine here, everyone had their things to busy with. KS had a little financial prob but i told him how to fix tat.. Loh had found sth tat he can be pro-active with.. Siew Mei are now better and nicer ^_^ hehe.. HK had become very matured.. so everythin is ok here. Hope to read your next blog.. and.. move forward my fren.. but always don't 4get abt the coffee :)

Sora said...

To Tom,

Well, my email add is sora63@live.jp. Excited to be received your artworks.

Anonymous said...

Wa... Since they all have manners.. I guess those chicks do wish u in some manner as well..
Mind to describe how was it???
make sure i wont receive any Bomb in red colour sooner or later..
haha.. Take care la dude!!