What Am I Doing

Recollect and modify my body, mind and soul

June 7, 2009

Yes, I Do

What is marriage
A party with couple exchanging their wedding ring
A promise for living together eternally
Or an insurance for love
To put a stop for the interruption from third party
by saying I am married

Oh God
What is marriage

Holding your hand
Putting the ring
'nd swearing by saying Yes I Do
Isn't it sweet to wear a wedding dress
Isn't it grand having mass of people flooding the church
Isn't it great to meet an old friend and say hi

Oh God
What is marriage

If faith is within you and me
Why do we need a marriage certificate and why not

What is love
Is love lasts
Is love brittle
Does it smiles

I doubt, I doubt

True, world is no better without love
Love is the best remedy to loneliness
Love is the greatest found in hummanity
Love is the only connection between you and me

No one hates without a reason
But one do love without a reason

Could'ya tell are you in love
Isn't the symptoms like a fever
Fever comes and goes like a swift of wind
Unless you are dead to it
Doesn't love is the same

I never doubt why love but why marriage
A custom, a tradition, a law
Why marriage


My POV
I am pleased to receive a wedding card from any friend of mine but I doubt I would like to send one to any of you. Never did I oppose marriage of others, however I refuse to have one in the old way. Love stands for me only when a couple is true to one another. If they are true, nothing could separate them even without a certificate. If one of them aren't, marriage ends with divorce or silence. Then, why married?

Recommend Movie
Four Wedding and A Funeral (1994) directed by Mike Newell

6 comments:

darryl said...

beautifully written!

from christianity point of view (in fact in most culture), marriage is a symbol of commitment to one another - meaning when you marry, you vow to make effort in order that this relationship maintains until "the end of days"

however the modern world of today has rob marriage of its true meaning, divorcing whenever they feel unhappy / when things dont go their way, and then come the polar where people dont even have to be in love to get married..

on the other end of the extremes is people like what you said, to be in love doesnt mean you have to get married because there's no point in marrying if there's no love and commitment.

these two extremes emerged in the modern world has really stripped marriage its purpose, no longer people are getting married and keep their vows that they ARE GOING TO MAKE THE RELATIONSHIP WORKS EVEN WHEN THINGS GET SOUR.

having said all that, i agree with you that if couples are gonna divorce for whatever reason, and that there's no love that last forever, they shouldn't even think of marriage..

darryl said...

sorry didnt know it's so long.. :D

Sora said...

Thanks for your reply and sharing the joy of marriage from another point of view.

I have to agree it is quite long for a poem but is comparative short for one love.

darryl said...

yep.. it's short to describe love..

question: is this for her?

Sora said...

A part of but not intended to when I am writing it

darryl said...

means yes lar!!

周嫂!! you very hung fuk ah!