What Am I Doing

Recollect and modify my body, mind and soul

April 23, 2008

Six After Seven

Started from last Thursday, each of us have fifteen minutes to have an one-on-one talk with our Japanese lecturer after class. It was my turn yesterday.

I was the last one on the day. I opened the door and entered the classroom politely, there were just me and she. She began by asking the origin of my nick, how is the studies, and followed by what I plan to do in near future.

I explained to her that I wish to be involved in the environmental-friendly construction field. It was then I received a `what I not going to do it` suggestion. Self-study for six hours per day after seven hours of class. Not going anywhere during weekend or doing part-time before enter an university. Ano toki, watashi wa bikurishimashita.

It showed the mindset of the Japanese. Sacrifice for the `never coming` future, something `good` or else. Kamikaze no Ishi, which flows in their vein and passed down from one generation to another generation.

Life should be a joyful one, there is never been tomorrow.
Only today, only
NOW

I, feel life goes wasted if being so.

4 comments:

WhyWai said...

haha...
but that's what Japanese usually do... OT without paid 0_o

darryl said...

i tot they very good in enjoying life? hmm.. but now hor, see how they live? kelian kelian..

tc said...

my boss also japanese.. he normally start work sipek early.. then office closed dy also dowan to leave..

Sora said...

they enjoy it after retired