What Am I Doing

Recollect and modify my body, mind and soul

May 19, 2008

The Business World

`What is the purpose of studying?`

Does it sounds familiar to you?

Last December, I read the Rich Dad Series: Rich Dad Poor Dad which was recommended by my housemate. Thanks to him, I was introduced into a new vision of the business world, a fair game which everyone is playing a role in it.

Robert Kiyosaki, who launched Cashflow Technologies, Inc and also the author of Rich Dad Series, has written some important points in his books. Here is a part of it:

Poor Dad vs. Rich Dad

Poor Dad Says
Rich Dad Says




"My house is an asset."
"My house is a liability."




Rich dad says, "If you stop working today, an asset puts money in your pocket and a
liability takes money from your pocket. Too often people call liabilities assets. It's
important to know the difference between the two.




"I can't afford it."
"How can I afford it?"




The statement "I can't afford it" shuts down your thinking. By asking the right
question, you mind opens up and looks for answers.




"The reason I'm not rich is because
I have you kids."

"The reason I must be rich is because
I have you kids."




"I'm not interested in money."
"Money is power."




"When it comes to money, play
it safe - don't take risks."

"Learn how to manage risk."




"Pay myself last."
"Pay myself first."




Rich Dad always took a percentage off the top of any income he earned. He put this
money into an investment account that went toward purchasing his assets. Poor
Dad spent all his money first and never had any remaining for investments.




Believed that the company you
worked for or the government
should take care of your financial needs.

Believed in financial self-reliance and
financial responsibility.




Focused only on academic literacy.
Focused on financial literacy as well as
academic literacy.




Learned only the vocabulary of academia.
Learned the vocabulary of finance –
"Your words are the most valuable tools
you have."




"I work for my money."
"My money works for me."




Thought that making more money
would solve his financial problem.

Knew that financial education was the
answer to his financial problems: "It's
not how much money you make that's
important – it's how much money you keep and how long you keep it."

A question for you, my friend. Are you planning to be rich or...

Source address, http://www.richdad.com

9 comments:

tc said...

saw a lot of money.. but can touch it.. haiz..

Joey said...

Just follow the current

Anonymous said...

poor dad : money is very dangerous. As it directed the attention of robbers and thief to you.

rich dad : money is my power. my money can 压死 the bad ppl..

hehehehe...

darryl said...

Money is the root of all evil, but if money is controlled and used wisely, money cannot dictate your life because you'll get more of them!

very good book

Anonymous said...

i got the book...but download de...in chinese...just downloaded...havent start...
before this,
i was thinking about money everyday...
how will i spent...what i will spend it for....and how to i earn it back...after i meet mr tai that day...

my fren say: money is just the best quality papers in the world if u dun use it....wkakaka....so use it more....eg: as toilet paper, or put in the plate to suck oil of goreng pisang...
just use it....

hahaha

Sora said...

well, i see money as a trade item. Its value is vary by the supply and demand. Every year, the value of it is dropping over the world due to inflation. It could be just a useless paper when a government printing new currency and disclaim the old one.

In this era, money is a nessecity unless u ar going to live in d wild.

How much u need depends on u. as Darryl said, it cannot dictate ur life if it is controlled and used wisely.

If u asked me how, I suggest u develop ur financial intelligence (FQ) while pursuing ur dream. Both of them are important in life.

reference of some economic concept
monetary policy
fiscal policy

Anonymous said...

chee hang..........
chee hang............
chee hang..............

WhyWai said...

Poor Dad Says "My house is an asset."
Rich Dad Says "My house is a liability."

My Dad Says "My house is a place for my Family"

Sora said...

that`s true, house is a place family gather together, I quite like d concept.However, you might own the house but not the land since you have to pay for the land every year also